Pages

Friday, October 15, 2010

ButterFly Star Book

As You all know I love a blog hop and Favecraft is one of my favorite places to go as a creative person.
This was a fun project to do, it's a little alterey (made my own word up) and it's a little scrapbooky, and just plan fun.


I found these chipboard butterfly shapes at Michael - it was made to be a book. there were holes in the corners of the page to attach them together. But you know me I need to think out of the box and off the page. so I came up with this.
I Score each of the butterfly on both sides of the body of the butterfly, to help to make it bend later. I covered each butterfly with pattern paper. I also add embossing powder to all the edges to age the pages.

I glue three coin envelopes together to make a pocket area. In each of the pocket I add a tag with ribbon. I wrap lace ribbon around the bottom of the pocket and tied into a bow..



This Photo show the embossing powder around the edge well. I just added clear embossing ink to the edge. I used the direct to paper technique and sprinkle on my embossing powder (I used a dark color for my project here). Tap off the extra and heat set.


Here is a top view on how the star is made. I used Glue Dots to glue each of the butterfly wing together on all the edges.. See why I had to score the butterfly now. It made it easier to adhere together.

2 comments:

Karisa said...

Thanks so much for spreading the word about our blog hop! I hope to see you back next month :)

Poeticgarden.com said...

this so cool, Terri. Absolutely love it aNd it's a butterfly, faiRies love butterflies aNd so do I.
tHaNk You for sHaRiNg this aNd makiNg it with your taleNts. Blessed Be, kAtiE, poeticgarden.com