Pages

Friday, January 14, 2011

Alice in Wonderland Scroll


This has to be one of my Favorite project I think I have ever done... I have been thinking about this project for months... It's been floating around in my head for a while, I been getting the piece together to make it...
I adore "Alice In Wonderland" the whole story... But I was inspired to do this project with the Johnny Depp "Alice in Wonderland" movie... Remember the scroll in that movie.

Supplies:
Studio Cloth from UsARtQuest
PVC pipe - two of them... I used the 1/2 inch thick one.. It's what I had in the house
4 Finials.
Stamps: I used lots of different stamps on this project, Most from Oxford Impressions,
other where STampotiques and misc letter stamps...
Ink: Memories Mists: "Pale Ale"
Ink: Palette Hybrid inkpad in "Cognac" and "Raw Sienna"

Misc. Acrylic Paint: I used soft pastel color to my wood. I also aged the color even more with Golden's Glaze "Burnt Sienna"
Raffia
Closure, this one I have had for a really long time. I believe it's from Making Memories..
Misc. Charms for the ends of your Raffia...
Fabic-Castell Art Grip colored Pencils...

Direction:

1) Cut your studio cloth to the side of the scroll you want to make. Then spray your Studio cloth with Memories Mists: Pale Ale. Set aside to dry or heat set...
2) Check the side of your PVC pipe to see how much of the Studio cloth will take to cover it. I make both end of my studio cloth with a small mark - this way I know to keep my stamping inside these marks... it's was about 2 1/2" 'sh...



















3) I stamp with two colors of ink. My Main IMAGES (Alice in wonderland images) I stamp with the Darker ink " Cognac" and my background image where stamp with a lighter ink, "raw sienna".


4) I color in my Main image only with Fabic-Castell Art Grip Pencils... I want a soft look!

5) I painted my Finials with soft pastel colors and then aged them with Glaze from Golden...

6) After I was happy with my stamping and coloring. I used my Glue GUN to attach my Studio Cloth to my PVC pipes... take your time on this and make sure you get it on straight. It's doesn't come off....






7) After I did this.... I notice I had to make something to keep it closed???? so off to check my stash of stuff... found these Magnetic closure, I believe they are from Making Memories. Add some raffia to that closure and some charms to the end of the raffia. That was the finishing touch it need... OMG, I love it... you can see the closure in the top photo....





I would love it if you would be come a follower of mine, lots of exciting thing going on here on my blog, including "Festive Friday's Blog Hop" on the 2nd and 4th Friday of each month this year, a group of us is making Christmas cards all year long. See the post below. Also I am the new DT leader for Sakura Hobby Crafts check out their blog for the call. Going to CHA in a couple week, will be posting photo and video on my "how To" youtube channel.
I am on Glue Dots design team and post two project per month for them.
and I always do Favecraft blog hop each month!!!!

I hope you enjoy my project and think about making your own scroll... How much fun is this... Now hop back to Favecrafts blog and see what everyone else made.

TTFN

Terri Sproul

4 comments:

Tolegranny said...

Very cute Terri.

Unknown said...

Oh this is awesome. Neat idea

Karisa said...

Love your project! Thanks for participating in the FaveCrafts Blog Hop! We're doing a special blog hop newsletter mailing as well :) We'll see you back in February!

Anonymous said...

beautiful everytime I look at it... (about 6 times now) just awesome