Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Paperclay Steampunk book - part 2

Hope you stop by a few days ago and check out my Paperclay Steampunk Book with video. In the first part I had a video for you on how to make the Paperclay book covers. How cool was that! This part I will continue to show you the rest of the inside pages and two more video. First video is on how I made some of the embellishment that are feature on the inside pages. I used Sakura Hobby Craft Jewelry Finding and Fancy Glass Tiles...

Here is the video on how I made the embellishment in this book.




Here are more of the inside pages.

this page I used a sticker Tags I owned from EK Success. The stamp on the right hand page is one from the Sheet of Steampunk Stamp I got from Viva Las Vegastamps!
I wrapped the side of the page with string and hung a Jewelry Finding with Steampunk clip Art. See video on how to make. Also used another Tag to make a tab for the page.


On this page I stamped the Food Grinder from viva Las Vegastamps! using India Ink and you can see the over side of the last page with the string...
I add a tag by adhere it to my page with Miracle Tape also from Viva Las Vegastamps! and added some clip art images. Behind the tag is more stamp image and a clip art image.



Well we have made it to the last page. Here you can still see how I used the gear mask and Memories Mist "Pale Ale" to make my background. I stamps the Man riding large wheele with India Ink. There is a large old fashion safety Pin I hung a embellishment from (see video on how to make). The Person image is from my steampunk CD of clipArt - BUT I used a Stamp Die Cut - Die Cutted the image with Silver paper and then I used some Alcohol Inks to age the silver. Also see in video how I did that same technique to a jewelry finding.

Now it time to learn how to bind this book - get your safety Pins out.



Well I hope you enjoy this post, please leave me a comment. I really do live for them, and if you are not a follower yet, I would love it more if you become one..
Smiles
TTFN
Terri Sproul

7 comments:

Lori said...

How awesomely clever. And easy, once I see this! I will be making a little book this weekend for sure!!! Love the whole project!!!

Jan Hennings said...

Lovin' this album! Your safetypin binding is so cool!

BLUEYEDUCKstudios said...

Brilliant - how wonderful you are as a teacher and fellow artist! :)

~kD

Julie Frokjer said...

I absolutely loved your book! I definitely want to try this. Thanks for sharing!!

debbieluttrell said...

Saw the beginning of this on the Paperclay blog, and came here to see how it turned out. It's really a nice piece, and they would make nice gifts. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Was able to finally watch the videos. Very, very cool. One question though, how do you adhere the paperclay cover to the book pages? Do you also use the redtape or another type of glue?

Anonymous said...

You are amazing! I love the binding with safety pins! I'm in a Victoriana and Steampunk class at the University of Indianapolis and this is very helpful for one of my projects! Love it!