Pages

Friday, May 20, 2011

Geared for you ATC

I adore doing ATC and I am totally into STEAMPUNK right now. So I had to put the two together.. Here is my Steampunk ATC....
To start I would love to show you a video on how to make your own molds. The video will NOT show how to make a heart or a gear mold. But all molds are make the same way. Hope you enjoy. Purchase your Amazing Molding Putty on the paperclay website. If you are check out this post from the HIVE - sorry my video do NOT come over with my blog??? don't know why - so please feel free to check out my Youtube channel for all my "how to" videos.




Supplies:

Creative PaperClay
ATC: EcoArt Board from Viva Las Vegastamps! or make one 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" out of Cardstock (white or cream)
Orange Memories Mists
Mask from Tim Holtz - swirl
STamp: "Writing Background" #1287 from Viva Las Vegastamps!
Heart Mold - or make your own mold
Gear Mold - purchase a mold or MAKE your own...

Clock stamps - unknown... But I bet you could find on at Viva Las Vegastamps! website... they have everything...
Staz-On Black ink pad
Acrylic Paint: Silver, Gold
Mini Letter from Cosmo Cricket
Gears from Viva Las Vegastamps!
Chalk Ink: Gingerbread
Transparency Sheet - Office supply store
Miracle Tape - Viva Las Vegastamps!

Direction:
1) See video on how to make your own molds.. Place Paperclay into both your Heart Mold and your gear mold. Remove Gear from Mold and set aside to dry. But While you PaperClay Heart is still wet - softly push Metal gear into the clay (NOT THE PAPER CLAY GEAR YOU JUST MADE). Set aside to dry...
2) On your EcoART ATC - lay the swirl mask down and spray Memories Mist "orange" on the whole ATC... remove Mask.
3) Stamp "Writing Background" in back ink over the whole ATC. Darken all the edges of your ATC with "Gingerbread" Chalk Ink.
4) STamp "clock" image on Transparency sheet using Staz-on Black ink. Cut out image...
6) When your Paperclay heart and gear is dry. Paint them with acrylic paints. I used Silver on my heart and added a SMALL amount of black ink to heart when silver paint was dry. BUT - as fast as you add the black ink - remove it. this will help to age the heart.
7) Paint the gear with Gold paint and add black ink as you did for the heart... LOVE the way this ages the paperclay...
8) Now it's time to put together. Using My Miracle tape (love this stuff) will stick anything to anything... really.... I started with the words - The small sticker letter where perfect size for an ATC. then I used my Miracle tape to add the Clock transparency. then I started to add the heart and gear to my ATC. Added a few more gears to my heart and we are done....


Thanks for stop by our blog and please leave me some love...

TTFN
Terri Sproul

2 comments:

Laura said...

Nice! And I'm right there with you on the love of Steampunk! :) I'm glad it's starting to be easier to find stuff for it.

Carol's 1 World said...

Love your ATC