Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Steampunk Canvas


I have been playing again with my steampunk stamps from Viva Las Vegastamps! love them...
I start off with a 8 x 10 canvas I got at Big Lots for 99 cents.. love that! I painted the whole canvas with a soft blue acrylic paint - but it was just too strong of a color. So I added some "Burnt Sienna" Glaze from Golden - this help age it some. But just not enough for me...
So then I cover the whole page with old dress pattern tissue (got at a garage sale). OK - I'm liking it now...
I pull out my Clock Mask from Tim Holtz and sprayed over the mask with Memories Mist "Pale Ale". Add some swirl stamps using two different brown inks.
Then I stamped both the Flying Man, steampunk camel and Airship onto White cardstock with a brown ink - cut out images. sprayed with Pale Ale Memories Mist to age...

The large Silver and Gold Gears are a special - I am test out a new product - NOT on the market yet. so Can't tell you much about them. But I like them.. do you????

Die cuted the Clock - another Tim Holtz die.. Added ink to age...
The Flower is also stamp - 4 - 5 petal stamps - see my video on how to make at Click Here
The word "Steampunk" is a stamp.

NOW i just put it together - using my Miracle Tape and some Crystal Lacquer to adhere the small gears down. Did you see all the gears on the camel. That took a while. LOL

Have any questions - please let me know..

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Your project looks really neat Terri! Wonderful job, are you hanging it in your house?

Hugs XX
Barbara

Flair Girl said...

Hi Terri! I am so excited to work with you at The HEn House and get to know you better! I really like the SteamPunk theme and the way you masked the clock piece. Is that a Heartfelt Creations flower?! It's pretty! I'm your newest follower and I hope you'll be mine! Creative blessings, Brynn
www.flairandfrillscreativity.blogspot.com

Proxxon Tools said...

Flair Girl, the flower is a stamp - well 4 stamp from Viva Las vegastamps! at www.stampo.com and I will visit you blog today.. I love steampunk and that website has great steampunk stamps and amazing prices...