Sunday, July 31, 2011
As you guys know I adore Steampunk - here is my latest Steampunk Creation.
Stamps: Alot from Plate #1273 - just purchase the whole plate - can't beat the price.
Steampunk Gothic #16022, Steampunk Heart large #16020, Steampunk Head Large #16009, Steampunk Background/collage
Mica Powders: Gold, Copper, Silver, Bronze and Red
Simple Solutions #2 for Mica Powders
Misc - keys, clock face, gears
Clay cutter - Square and Rectangle - got mine at Michaels Craft store
Wood Frame - got mine at Michaels store
Acrylic Paint - color of choose
Rolling Pin for Paperclay - I use a PVC pipe
1) Roll out paperclay to about 1/4" thick. Start pressing Stamps into clay. cut out image using square and rectangle cutter. cut about 30'sh of these. Set aside to dry.
2) Roll out more paperclay and add some gears, keys clock faces into the clay and cut around them. Set aside to dry.
HINT: you can add more detail to the clay while it still wet, like the lines I added around some of the edges. I also stamp Steampunk Heart onto the clay and cut around the image with a butter knife.
3) When clay is dry.. I added some Mica (color of choose) into the Simple Solutions #2
mixed well and started to paint each of my piece.
4) after all the piece are painted I adhere my paperclay piece down to the wood frame with Elmer's Glue-All.
I hope you like my project, I so do... smiles, I still need to place a photo in the center - I think I am waiting for Halloween this year - I'm going Steampunk!
Terri Sproul -
Saturday, July 30, 2011
We are looking for talented artists who inspire others to create using Viva Las Vegastamps! stamps and supplies.
What’s expected of a Viva Las Vegastamps! Design Team Member?
* The ability to showcase our products
* Take good photos or scans of projects
* Interact with our members on Facebook and our Blog at http://vivalas.blogspot.com/ (you can see creations from our current Design Team here)
The Details –
*The Viva Las Vegastamps! Design Team is for six months from Oct 1, 2011 – March 31, 2012.
* Create a minimum of two layouts/projects per month posting on both your Blog and The Viva Las Vegastamps! Blog – dates will be given when team in picked... projects must be hand stamped and not digitally created. Only stamps from Viva Las Vegastamps! can be used in your DT projects.
* Participation and promotion of Viva Las Vegastamps! on Facebook is a MUST... promotion on other Online Rubber Stamping Groups is an asset... promoting Viva Las Vegastamps! in your signature, posting VLVS! artwork to Online Galleries, etc.
* Submit work for publication.
* Be a part of one Blog Hop during the 6 months. Date given at a later date
* Promote Viva Las Vegastamps! by posting the above layouts/projects on other Online Galleries and Blogs with working links to the Online VLVS! Store and Blog.
The Viva Las Vegastamps! Design Team will receive -
* Viva Las Vegastamps! products for your term, shipped in six shipments
* Your bio and picture featured on our Blog.
How to Apply –
Send your bio, Blog address and Facebook info to Terri@ultimatescrapbookretreat.com with “DT applications” in the regards (this way you don’t get deleted – I get lots of spam mail)
Submit/Post one project on your Blog on Sept 1st by 12AM EST to be viewed. This post must have our logo (you will be sent logo when you send you bio to Terri Sproul) and step by step directions on how you made this project with links to The Viva Las Vegastamps! blog and website. (http://www.stampo.com/, and blog is http://www.vivalas.blogspot.com/
Project – can be anything you love to make, Scrapbook, Cards, Mixed Media, Altered Art… Just Think out of the box and impress me…
Joining our Facebook Page and Blog is a MUST and is very important to the success of our team!
All entries MUST utilize a Stamping Technique... if you can use our stamps, even better!! Work submitted must be recent and can't be previously published or displayed on blogs or online galleries.
Deadline to enter August 31th (12PM PST)
Here’s what to include with your emailed submission –
* We want to know all about you! – Your bio
* What’s your style?
* Why would you like to be on our team?
* Are you frugal, organized, have marketing ideas etc.. if so share with us what you can bring to our team.
* Link to your active Blog?
* Are you active on any Forums or Message Boards? (Please List)
* Can you post your projects in other Online Galleries? (Please List)
* Give an example of a class or technique you would like to share with others. If it is one you have done previously, please link to it.
* Details of any other manufactures or store/kit DT’s you are on Do you have a scrapbook resume, or a link to a gallery? If so, please share with us.
Final decisions will be made on Sept 15th’sh and the Viva Las Vegastamps! Design Team will be announced shortly there after!!
Friday, July 22, 2011
This project could be just embellishment for a scrapbook page, card, mixed media, But I made mine into Jewelry.
Stamps: Viva Las vegastamps!
Mica Powders - color of choose
3-D Crystal lacquer - Sakura or Viva Las Vegastamps!
bail - Sakura
Chain or ribbon
Hope you enjoy this project..
Thursday, July 21, 2011
It's Festive Friday time again.. I just got a large order of Christmas Stamps from my favorite stamps company - Viva Las Vegastamps! - But I have to admit most of these stamps on this card - are NOT christmas Stamps - But Steampunk Stamps - and you guys know I LOVE steampunk... We are also doing some blog candy on this hop. Robin's Nest Scrapbook company has give us a Christmas Card kit for you. To get this candy, you must leave a comment on all the blogs in this hops and you are enter! it's that easy... I will announce the winner on our next hop on August 12th. So stop back by then to see if you won!
Steampunk Head - Viva Las Vegastamps!
Christmas Hat - Viva Las Vegastamps!
Gear Stamp - Viva Las Vegastamps!
Merrry Christmas Stamp - Viva Las Vegastamps!
Steampunk Stamp - Viva Las Vegastamps!
Ink: Black, Sky Blue and Starry Night Blue, Artprint Brown - all from Stewart Superior
Cardstock - White
pattern paper - out of my stash of leave overs...
Miracle Tape - Viva Las Vegastamps!
1) Stamp "Steampunk Head" onto white cardstock with black ink - cut out image.
2) Stamp "Santa Hat" onto White cardstock and cut out image - color image with colored pencils
3) On white cardstock - made background - first I ink my background with Sky Blue ink working from the outside in...
4) then I Stamp - just the "merry" part of the stamp "merry Christmas" using Starry Night Blue ink.
5) STamped "Steampunk" with the same ink - just under the "merry"
6) Ink my Gear stamp up with "Artprint Brown ink" - all over the background.
7) Add the santa hat to my Steampunk Head and adhere to background using my Miracle Tape.
8) Added pattern paper to my card base. added my Stamp work of art to the pattern paper. - Added ribbon and a Charm... You are done!!!!
Your next stop on this hop is Chris Hurley - She is #2 on the list below
WEll, Merry Christmas all... Make sure you leave us some love - so you can win the blog candy. The company that is give us this candy is Chattering Robins - please leave them some extra love.. Check out their website too while you are on the internet..
Saturday, July 16, 2011
I love wings! I came up with this amazing video on how to make Fairy wings or any kind of wings you have a stamp for.. Hope you enjoy!
Made you a video!
Here is a couple simple projects I made after making my wings...
This Project - all stamps are from Viva Las Vegastamps!
Stamps: Wing stamps from Viva Las Vegastamps!
Miracle Sheets from viva Las Vegastamps!
Gold Leaf - Stewart Superior or UsArtQuest
Staz-on Ink pad - I used Black
This one is an ATC using Stamps from Viva Las Vegastamps Steampunk Collection.
Friday, July 8, 2011
I really enjoy making this project for you and me.. smiles...
Wing and small hing from Tim Holtz
3-D Crystal lacquer
paint: Red, Gold and Iron
Old fashion image
"Plum" Dye Ink
Golden's "Burnt Sienna" Glaze
1) Watch the video on how I made a paperclay book cover. I made the heart the same way, but a lot smaller.. I did add the gears on the outside of the heart while the clay was still wet. I add just a small amount of extra clay to make them stay..
2) When paperclay is completely dry.. I started on the inside of the heart. First I painted the whole heart inside and out with Red Acyclic Paint with just a little Golden Glaze "Burnt Sienna" added, to help age the paint a little. On the left hand side i added gears, and covered with Crystal lacquer. Set aside to dry over night.. or just a few hours.. On the right side, I cut and image to fit and add adhered into the heart using my 3-D Crystal lacquer and then added more more crystal Lacquer over the image to give a glass look. Again set aside to dry over night...
3) in the AM, I stamp the word "dream" with Plum dye ink and rip the word out.
4) painted the wing with gold paint and the hing with Iron paint. let dry...
5) all my part are dry now.. Time to put together. I add the word "Dream first" to make sure I had room.. Then I add the hing with E-6000. Had to hold until the adhesive was dry... Then I adhere the wing to the back. Added a small amount of "gold" Crystal lacquer to the hole where the brad should be on the hing and set aside to dry again..
I adore it...
I added a old fashion photo with my 3-D Crystal Lacquer and completely cover with Crystal lacquer - set aside to dry.
Here is where you see how I added the gears and then more Crystal Lacquer to cover.
Thanks for stopping by... Remember to pick up some Paperclay next time you are at the craft store.
Thursday, July 7, 2011
I am working with a new company and they send me a sample of all their products - this was in the Stain Glass kits - all Christmas Images (how lucky is that!).
These are sticker that you add double sides adhesive to and then add foil to the image. I think the card is too plain, but I am just going with it..
Need to make simple cards sometimes... smiles
Chris Hurley - she is #2 on the list..
Here is a list of all the blog in case you get lost...
<!--[if gte mso 9]>
1) Terri Sproul – Blog: http://www.terrisproul.blogspot.com Email: Terri@ultimatescrapbookretreat.com
2) Chris Hurley: blog: www.stinkydogdesigns.blogspot.com
3) Cheryl Lindsay – http://www.cherlin-ink.blogspot.com
4) Amanda Marks http://ajsarts.blogspot.com
5) Debbie Buckland http://artycrafty.wordpress.com
6) Brenda Lee Burfeind: http://createbyburffrau.blogspot.com
7) Angela Bodas http://www.midnightcrafting.blogspot.com/
8) Yolonda: blog address http://www.craftyscentiments.com/
9) Becky Conley: www.beckyconley.blogspot.com
10) Leslie Rahye: http://leslierahye.blogspot.com/
11) Laura Fisher: http://scrappindaphne.blogspot.com/
12) The Robin’s nest: http://chatteringrobins.blogspot.com/
13) Carol Berns: http://www.carolberns.blogspot.com/
14) Michelle Cummings http://faeriedustdreams-michelle.blogspot.com/
15) Diane W. Tuggle and blog address: http://stampininthevilliage.blogspot.comLast Festive Friday I did blog candy and the winner is WAM Family.. please contact me via email and I will send you some Glue Dots..
I have more Glue Dots for Blog Candy.. Leave me a comment and you are entered. Stop back on July 22 for the next hop to see who wins....
Thanks for join us... Stop back by...
Tuesday, July 5, 2011
Supplies: - each stamp will have a link to purchase...
Plate # 1336
Vintage Fan Lady on Balloon
Fan Lady on Balloon
steampunk shoe - every girls need these..
Artprint Brown Dye Ink
Memories Dye Ink "Ruby"
Pop - Dots
1) Stamp all image onto cream cardstock. I stamped the Bingo Card in both "Artprint Brown" ink and then in "ruby" cut the Ruby letter's out and pop-dots to other Bingo card. Cut card out and aged edges with Brown Chalk ink.
2) Stamp both Ladies in India Ink Black onto cream cardstock and cut images out. colored in images with colored pencils (I personally like color pencil the color is NOT so sharp). Added brown Chalk ink to edges to age image..
3) Stamp Steampunk Shoes with ArtPrint Brown in and outline with fine black marker. cut out images.
4) Stamped "Steam", "Punk" and "Diva" onto cream cardstock with Ruby Ink - cut out images.
5) Adhere Bingo card to Card base with my Miracle tape. add all the other image adhere with my miracle tape. Made a pop dot with my miracle tape and pop up "Fan Lady with Balloon".
This was a fun card to make. That Plate has so many different fun image to play with I just could not help myself. Hope you like. Remember to head over to the store and purchase that plate or at lease a stamp or two.
Thanks for stopping by.....