Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Secret Box

This month I am so excited to be a guest designer for  Luminarte Blog 


Secret Box
By Terri Sproul
Supplies:
Glue dots®:  Removable, and Crafts
Embossing Paste, 
Tim Holtz – Chip board Swirl – large
Cigar Box
White Gesso
Silk Flowers
Gem
EcoArt Board – 2” x 2” from Rubberstamp Concepts
Black Ink: 
Cranberry Acyclic Paint
Twinkling H2O’s of choose to color in swim suite Girl stamped image.  




  
Directions:
Paint Cigar box with White Gesso, Gesso is a primer and will cover all the letter or marks on your box.  Then I painted side of box with Cranberry Color acrylic paint.  Set aside to dry. 
When Box is dry, I mixed “Embossing Paste” and “Radiant Rain Shimmering Mist Ocean Wave”.  Added your Radiant Rain Shimmering Mist one drop at a time, mixing in between until you get the color you want.  NOTE:  shake your Radiant Rain bottle well…..


I place my Stencil on side of box, using Glue Dots® removable to hold the stencil in place.  Using my palette knife, I add “Embossing Paste” over the stencil – like icing a cake.  I did this step completely around the whole box.  HINT:  start on the back of the box to get a feel of this technique.   Set aside to dry.  

  

Cut Christine Adoph Paint It Swirls paper to the size of the top of your cigar box.  Paint your swirl paper with “Radiant Rain Shimmering Mist Ocean Wave” – I applied it with a paint sponge brush.   Adhere paper to the top of the cigar box with Glue Dots® Crafts. 
Paint large swirl from Tim Holtz with “Radiant Rain Shimmering Mist “Green””.   Adhere to box top with Glue Dots®.
Add Silk flowers using Glue Dots®.  I added a gem to the center of my flowers – to add to the bling of all the “Radiant Rain Shimmering Mists” I used.  I had blue silk flowers – but IF I did not – I could have used my Twinkling H2O’s, Radiant Rain Simmering Mists or the new Pourable to add color to them.  How cool is that!!!!!  


Stamp image onto EcoArt Board with black ink.  Color in image with your choice of Twinkling H2O’s colors.  So many to choose from.  LOVE them all….   Adhere the EcoArt board to box top using Glue Dots®.
Line the inside of the box with red velvet and it’s done..  

If you have a questions on any of my project.  let me know..  I would love to help you out...
TTFN
Terri Sproul

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great idea using a stencil that way. And congrats on being a guest designer!