Pages

Friday, March 16, 2012

Desk Set

I was making this fun project for a friend Birthday this month and when i was done I was think this would be a wonderful Father's Day idea..  I made my friend a desk set.

Supplies:
Paper Mache Boxes - I got my from UsArtQuest.com 
Terri Sproul Mixer:  Tanzanite
Terri Sproul Mixer - Interference Blue
Terri Sproul Mixer - Silver
Terri Sproul Color Enhancer
3-D Crystal lacquer
Gear Die - both Tim Holtz and Spellbinders
Black Cardstock
Black Gesso
ChipBoard Letter "M"

Directions:
*  paint both boxes with Black Gesso - let dry
*  paint both boxes with Interference Blue.
*  paint black cardstock with Silver and let dry completely (i wait at least one hour).  then run paper and die into your die cutter machine and cut out some gear dies..  as many as you would want for your projects...I cut 7 gears total...
*  Paint "M" with Tanzanite...
*  Add gears to boxes - I use my Crystal lacquer to adhere my gear and chipboard letter.

Check out my last "Live Stream" there is a link at the top of my blog  and see how i make the gears look old..  fun technique..
thanks for stopping by - hope you like my idea and I hope my friend likes his birthday gift....

TTFN
Terri Sproul

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is just AWESOME work. Girl you ROCK

Lyneen said...

Love these... great colors. Loving the silver gears!

Marjie Kemper said...

That looks so great! I love the way you wrapped the big gear around two sides of the box.