Pages

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Frog Dog Studio Guest Designer

I was so honored to be asked to be a guest Designer for Frog Dog Studios 
They have Monthly kits, and a great blog.  

I got a the December kit and it's was full of fun stuff
Tim Holtz Stencil - Cargo
Silk Acrylic Glaze - Fern and Carmen
Viva Molding Cream
Two stamps from Prima
Sheet of Ephemera
Tim Holtz Woodland Tree
Tim Holtz Ecelectric Elements 6" Fabic Pack
Fibers
Stick-On Canvas - with 4 - 6x6 Canvas sheets

My first project I made a Tag.



1.  Started with a simple tag, I used a Palette Knife to push the molding paste into the Tim Holtz Stencil, I only used part of the stencil on the bottom of the tag, Set aside to dry.  

2.  When my Modeling Cream was dry, I added some of the Fern "Silk Acrylic Paints" to the whole tag.  
3.  I love the Prima stamp that looked like a snowflake to me.  I used clean embossing ink and Stampendus Shabby Pink Embossing Enamel - I stamp that image twice on the tag.
4.  I cut out one of the image on the ephemera sheet, but the edges where too white for me, so I add the Carmen Silk Acrylic Glaze to all the edges.
5.  Added the Ephemera image, a little fiber and a poinsettia I had to finish up my tag.


My Second Project is a Wall hanger



1.  Start off with two Stick-On Canvas.  Mixed the Carmen "Silk Acryclic Glaze" into the Viva Modeling Cream, use the Tim Holtz Stencil I add the mixed using a Palette Knife, down one side of one of the Canvas, I used on part of the stencil.  Next I used the same idea but on the other side using on the Modeling Cream as is.  Set aside to dry

2.  On the Second Canvas, I mixed the Fern Silk Acryclic Glaze into the viva Modeling Cream Palette knife the color down the center of this canvas using the same Tim Holtz Stencil.  Set aside to dry.
3.  The Canvas I used the Color "Fern" on the for the Modeling Cream, I paint that Canvas with the "Silk" Carmen.  -  Let the Silk paint sit on the Canvas for a few minute and then remove the paint from the Letter using a baby whip.  The Modeling Cream will act as a resist.  Do the same for the next canvas but I used the Fern Color.  
4.  On the Carmen Canvas, I stamp the Checker Board image down post using Black Stazon.  On the Fern Canvas, I stamp the Snowflake stamp image using Red Stazon Ink.  
5.  I pick Three pattern from the "Eclectic Elements" and Die Cut a Tree and Flowers.  Used these to  embellish my projects.  Add some Dew Drops from The Robin Nest on my Tree.  
6.  Find two image from the Ephemera sheet, to help enhance my project 
7.  Added Snowflake eyelet to the top and bottom of one panel (Canvas) and top only to the other.  Add Fiber to these eyelet to attach them.  
 
Here you can see how I used Ribbon to attach the two Canvas together.  I uses the same ribbon on top to make a hanger.

My Third Project - Art Journal Page

I love to make Art Journal Pages - I do a live Tuesday Night show, on my Youtube Channel at http://www.youtube.com/terrisproul at 9PM EST for only one hour or less teaching a new Art Journal Technique, hope you join me.  I do prizes too...

I make a video for YOU:  CLICK HERE 









No comments: