Pages

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Christmas Cards

I am going to start post two Christmas Cards per month on my blog. This way I and you can have 24'sh cards done by Christmas time. I always make about 25 cards each year and they are all the same. I want to do something different this year. But would never have the time at Christmas to make 25'sh different cards. So I am starting early this year. LOL
Hope you will make cards with me. I will see about get some prize in with this too....

Card #1





Supplies
Embossing Ink and Black Embossing Powder - both from Stewart Superior
Memories Chalk ink "Cloudy Coral" and Pale Olive
Tag: see my youtube video on how to make your own tag
Punch: Holly punch and small hole punch
green Velvet paper,
Red cardstock
Cream cardstock
Stamp: Inkadinkado: "Paper Artys"

Direction:
* Die cut or make your own tag
* Ink up Stamp using embossing ink and emboss with Black embossing Powder. If you are new at stamping and do not know how to emboss. I have a great how to video on embossing on my website.
* Using a Make-up sponge and the two Chalk inks: I colored in my image. I use the Pale Olive on the top section and the Cloudy coral on the bottom. I did not ink around santa face and beard. Keeping it white...
* I punch out two holly leaves from green velvet paper. Cut the holly leaves apart. I want smaller pieces to work with. Punch out three small circle for Holly berries. . Adhere all to top of santa hat....
* fold a small piece of red cardstock into a tag ribbon. staple to top of tag...
You could stop right here and have a great tag for a gift or something else. Just an idea....

* Green Cardstock - fold into cardbase. I stamp Music Sheet image on cardstock and embossed with black embossing ink. Destress the edges of the tag and cardbase.
* Adhere tag to front of card. One done...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

that's an awesome card.