Pages

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Stampotique Challenge - Think Out of the Box

    
Stampotique's Designers Challenge is hosted by me this week.  I hope you all play with us this week.  My Challenge was to help you "Think out of the box" and "off the page".  Yes, try something completely new, have fun with your art.   Here is my creation.  I found these tiles with the hole already cut for me at the hardware store (one of my favorite place to find art supplies).  Had to come up with something for them.  And what a better time then this challenge.  
Tile is a 6" x 6" tile.  stamped Stampotique's Images onto the tile with Memories India Ink.  Heat Set the images - the ink will never completely dry - so you need to work carefully.  


After you have colored in all the images - heat set between color to help with the smearing of the inks.  
Spray tile with any paint finish spray.  I used Clear Polycrylic Protiective Finish. Colored in the images with "Faber-Castell" Pitt Artist Pens" these are also India Ink - you must use matching inks.  YOU CAN NOT USE COPIC Pen's they will not work and will remove your stamped image.  Sorry - tried it...  
Added Ribbon around the edge to finish the edges off.  Add wire and beads  to make a hanger.  Place white felt on the back to cover the wire and protect the wall.  If you have any questions on this one - e-mail me at Terri@ultimatescrapbookretreat.com.  I hope I challenged you to think out of the box and off the page today.  Come back and make me your creative muse....  




4 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

Great tile Terri. Can't wait to see what others creating thinking out of the box.

Valerie H. Marshall said...

Awww... This piece is adorable! I love how it hangs too! Thank you for a fun theme to get us up and out of our boxes! :)

Anonymous said...

Fabulous art Terri & a brilliant challenge!
Alison x

Vicky said...

What a great find, I also love going to the hardware store, so many fun bits & pieces, so much potential :) & thanks for picking my entry as one of your favourites, I'm enjoying all the different ideas :)