Pages

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Mixed Media

I have really been enjoy these EcoArt Boards from Rubberstamp Concepts.  There surface is amazing:  they take ink, paint and more so well.  I just got these 6" x 6" boards, I love a square shape anyways, so these were right up my alley...
Supply List:
6" x 6" EcoArt board from Rubberstamp Concepts
Memories Chalk Inkpad "Quite Yellow"
Memories Dye Inkpad:  "Olive", "Hunter Green", and "Grass"
India Ink:  Black from Stewart Superior
Stamps:  "Insightful Meadow" from Unity Stamp Company, Butterfly from Stampotique Originals
"Summer Leaves" from Stampendous
Make Up Sponge
White Cardstock
Scissors
Colored Pencils from Faber-Castell
Directions:
1)  Ink Make Up Sponge with Quiet Yellow Chalk Ink and apply to EcoArt Board.  I like to start at the edge and move to the center of the board - leaving more ink around the edges and less in the middle of the board.
2)  Ink Quote from Unity Stamp Set with Hunter Green Memories Dye ink and stamp in top left corner.
3)  Ink flowers from Unity Stamp Set with "Olive" and "Hunter Green" ink and stamp
4)  Stamp Fern from Stampendous with both "Grass" and "hunter Green" ink. 
5)  Stamp Butterfly stamp onto White Card stock using Black India Ink.  color in image with Orange and Dark Orange from your ArtGrip Color Pencil - Faber-Castell.  Cut out Butterfly and adhere to background.

Remember to leave me some love in a form of a comment - I do read each of them.  Also if you ever have a question please feel free to ask there, I promise to answer as soon as I can!  :-)
TTFN
Terri Sproul

3 comments:

Dot said...

I love your artwork! Very pretty! Do the EcoArt boards have any texture to them? A canvas like texture maybe?

Proxxon Tools said...

No Texture. They are smooth. and Double sided. and come in many different sizes...
from 1" x 1" to 8" x 11"

rosenrobrt said...

Lovely, Absolutely! EcoArt Boards? sorry never heard of them. Got a Link please.