Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2010

DT Member - Glue Dots Tip #2

Time for another Glue Dots Tip
This one is for you stamps - I love my rubberstamps! Yes, I did say Rubber! but they take up so much room in my small studio. So here is what I do.
Tip #1
I try and purchase my rubberstamps unmounted. This saves so much money - now that $12 stamps is only $3. Wow just saved $9!
Tip #2
I remove my stamps that are mounted from the wood. This doesn't save money but now I just save space to purchase more (NO that was my outside voice) LOL

Now what to do with that unmounted rubber??? Do I purchase sticky back and remount them??? That's not save me any money! So NO!
Glue Dots has Removable Glue Dots.
so I
1) Put one or two removable Glue Dots onto the back of the Unmounted Rubberstamp and adhere to my Acyclic Block. and Just ink and stamp. When I am done with that stamp I just remove from Acyclic Block and place onto a Transparency sheet for safe keeping. This will last a few time, before you might need to replace the Removable Glue Dots with another.


Now How easy was that! I post this blog while being a part of the Design Team for Glue Dots.

TTFN

Terri Sproul

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice Tip Terri, i had never thought about taking the wood off the rubber stamps ... ohhhh now i can save soo much room. thanks :) Also i often use prittstick glue to adhere the unmounted rubber to acrylic block then just wipe both clean.
Hugs June xx

Scrappy Jackie said...

THank you so much. I just won some unmounted stamps on a blog hop... and had absolutely no idea how I was going to be able to use them... I have just looked at them kind of sad like what am I going to do! I can use them! You are my hero of the day! I do need to get some repositional glue dots since all I have right now is permanant but that is so great! Thank you for sharing your fabulous idea!

Deb said...

What a great tip Terri! Off to buy me some removable glue dots and an acrylic block. Now what to do with all of those wood mounting blocks?? Hmmm, I see some sanding paper and acrylic paints in my future, they'd make great word blocks wouldn't they? Deb

Proxxon Tools said...

Deb, thanks if you use Acyclic block you can see thought them...

D's Paper Studio said...

Great idea Terri.