Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

Steampunk Mask



Supply List
Iridescent Bronze from Golden Acrylic
Micaceous Iron Oxide from Golden Acrylic
Wood mask - but I think a paper mache mask would work great
Glaze from Golden
Zipper
Miracle Tape from Viva Las Vegastamps!
Stamps - STeampunk from viva Las Vegastamps!
Ink:
Creative Paper clay
Amazing Molding Putty
Gears - got my from Viva Las Vegastamps!

Directions:

1) First thing I did was made some molds using my real clock gears. I used my Amazing Mold Putty to make my gears. I have a video on how to use this on the PaperClay blog.
2) After I finish making my molds, I started to make some Paperclay gears.
3) After my paperclay gear where dry I started to paint them. I used Golden's Iridescent bronze and Micaceous Iron Oxide to paint them. Made them look like real gears and NOT paperclay...
4) I found this mask at a yard sale over the weekend and it's was made of wood and painted white... I do believe a paper mache mask would work great for this project too.



5) I cover my mask with Golden Glaze to age the mask some. it was just too white.
6) I stared to stamp the Gear stamp I got from Viva Las Vegastamps! all over the top of his head and a little down the one side of his face... just a little..





7) Add another Gear stamp image on his left cheek using Memories "Chestnut" Dye ink
8) Add a Zipper to his mouth using my Miracle Tape from Viva Las Vegastamps! this tape is great to adhere almost everything down... YOU NEED some of this stuff.


9) Added my Paperclay Gears to the side of his head and then added more Real gear around the Paperclay ones... My mask is done... OMG... I really love it..

Well I hope you enjoy your time here on my blog and hope you will become a follower of mine. I have lots of exciting stuff happening here. Including a bi-weekly Festive Friday Blog Hop and a Design team call soon..
Now hop back to Favecraft blog and see the other amazing project posted. Also I will be on the Favecraft BlogTalk Radio show on April 6th.. hope you join me..

TTFN
Terri Sproul

6 comments:

Cindy said...

Wow Terri that's terrific! I think I'll make a mask out of a gourd with some paperclay and show it to you!

Hugs XX
Barbara

Debbie B said...

That is a great mask. Just sooo love it. And love how you made molds of clogs so that you can make more of your own later on.... you are starting to think like me.... lol

Stampo said...

Love it... great job, Terri!

Steph said...

Wow, this is way cool!!

Francine said...

Hello! I am a new follower to your blog. I found you on facebook, when my friend Tolegranny made a comment about your Stempunk Mask. I am looking at it right now. It is so unique and cool looking. Keep up the great work in your creative and beautiful work. Hugs, Francine

Lisa Bebi said...

nice work, terri. love the mask idea - your steampunk book is cool too.