Pages

Friday, June 3, 2011

PaperClay Wall Hanging...



Love the way this project turn out. the background - ALMOST - looks like it wood.. but it's paperclay..

Here is how this was made..

1) I roll out a large piece of paperclay - I use my teflon sheet to roll my clay out on and use a PVC pipe as my rolling pin... (Teflon Sheet on sale for #3.25 - check out the link)

2) I have lots of molds I like to use. I admit that I am NOT very good an mold clay into things, jut NOT me. BUT I love molds, I have lots of mold from a company called Sweetbrier Studio - they went out of business - sad to say, but when you are out and about, look at everything - anything can be a paperclay mold. Check out cookie cutter, candy molds, etc....
I mold up all the flower, hummingbird, and leave.

3) I roll out the paperclay again and cut out the letter by hand...

4) Set all aside to dry

5) Once all was dry, I started to paint.
6) the background I paint with a "latte" color acrylic and then when around the edges with a darker brown acrylic paint. Looks like a piece of wood. very happy...
7) Now the fun part. I painted all the letter, flowers, etc with Twinkling H2O's.

Then I just adhered all my piece on the background, I used "Elmer's Glue-All" it works great and you just need a little glue to adhere them down...

Thanks for stopping by here - did you know the Paperclay Design team puts a new project on the Paperclay blog on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturdays? Tell all your friends to visit us...

TTFN

Terri Sproul