Pages

Sunday, September 25, 2011

  I persoanlly love to make Altered book project and I had so much fun doing this one.  Lots of video for you here.  Hope you enjoy!  Please stop by my Youtube channel to see more of my How to video - thanks in advance.  tell your friends too...  smiles..
R-book8
Supplies:  
2 sheets of Paint It with Luminarte:  Marha Johnson’s “Music  Sheet paper”
Radiant Rain Shimming Mist:  Ocean Blue
3-D Crystal Lacquer from Sakura Hobby Craft
Wire and pearl wire
5 Petal flower stamp from Viva Las Vegastamps!
Old Book
Gel Medium
Miracle Tape from Viva Las Vegastamps!
Green Fabic and stuffing
Drew Drop from Robins Nest “lovebirds”
Metal flower – Unknown
Outline sticker from SparkelKraft
Twinkling H2O’s – choose of colors
Vellum Quote

Directions:
Adhere book pages together with Gel Medium – see Altered Book Beginners Video for help.  Set aside to dry.  My book I adhere a large section together – left back page un-adhered – you will see why later.   I adhere a small section in the very front.  But you could just have the whole book to be just one page.



Once Pages where complete dry.  I started to cut my niche  into my book – Size depends on your book and what you want to place inside the niche.  After you are finished cutting those pages out – use your gel medium again to glue the inside of the niche.  Set aside to dry.



I adhere on both sides of my book pages the “music Sheet paper”.  Where my Niche is I cut a “X” from the back and folded all the edges down to made it look complete.  I then adhere using my Miracle tape some fabric to the inside of the niche – I did this from the back.  You want the fabric to be loose – we will be adding stuffing in this hole next.  When your fabric is adhering all around I added some stuffing and then I adhere the back page over the whole thing…  See why we did not adhere the back page…  Smart…
R-book1



R-book2
R-book3

I stamped out 6 flowers on the Music Paper – three of the flowers I used the black side and the other  three flowers I used the light side of the paper, but added Radian Rain Shimming Mist “ocean Blue” to add some color.  You could also use your Twinkling H2o’s to add color…  So much FUN!  See video on how to make 3-D Flowers (this video is using another product – but the flower is made the same way).

After I made two 3-D Flowers I adhere them into the Niche, add two metal flower embellishments – I did add the Drew Drops to the center to more color.
I added some Outline flower sticker to the top right corner and colored with Twinkling H2O’s.  I place all my Twinkling H2O’s on my desk with lids off, spray then with water and started coloring..  So much full

On the left had side of the page I again adhere my Music Paper down with my Miracle tape and then started looking for a good quote.  I printed my quote onto vellum.  Since I knew the vellum quote would blend into the background, I add some twinkling H2O’s under where each of the words would be, this made my words stand out.  I adhere the vellum with Miracle tape.
I used this project as a  guest designer for Creative Imagations and Luminarte -  I will be working on the cover and maybe the inside page - it was a library pocket - Just wait to be played with.  So stop by and see how I finished this book..
TTFN
Terri Sproul

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Looking good so far Terri!! I really like it!

Hugs XX
Barbara

Lyneen said...

Love your altered book!!!!

Jingle said...

This looks fantastic!