Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Festive Friday #1

WOW, what a year, 2011 has gone away and now we are starting over....  It's a brand new year and a great time to start making those Christmas Cards - YES, I did say Christmas Cards...  I do this Festive Friday Christmas Hop all during the year.  On the 2nd and 4th Friday of each month (except Dec) I will host this Festive Friday Blog hop.  Where I hope to inspire you to make some of your Christmas Card early.  I know its seem crazy, but I really love having all different Christmas Cards for the first time ever...  So I have to do it again.
here is my first card of the year.
Supplies:
Stamp: "There is No place like Home"- Viva Las Vegastamps!
Creative Paperclay - you can purchase at Viva Las Vegastamps!
Mold from Articus Studio
Embossing Plate:  Tim Holtz
ribbon
Mica Color "Vintage" UsArtQuest 
Memories Dye Ink " Sepia" - Stewart Superior
Miracle tape from Viva Las Vegastamps! - Can't live without this stuff - works so good on ribbons. 

I just got a new set of Mica color from UsArtQuest called "Vintage" so I had to play with them.  Adore the colors of this palette.    First I embossed the tree image on top Cream Cardstock.  then I just started to paint.  I used the green color on the tree tops and the brown color on the trunks, then I added some of the blue around the edges.  LOVE.....
I had this Creative Paperclay Pointesseta  and paint again using the Mica Color from UsArtQuest.
Stamp "There is no place like Home" with my Memories Dye ink directly on the cardstock.  Added the ribbon with my Miracle tape.  the only way to glue down a ribbon.

Here is the rest of the team - stop by and see their  Christmas Cards too.  Your next stop is Leslie's Blog. 

Hope you leave me some love.....

TTFN
Terri Sproul


17 comments:

Michelle Frae Cummings said...

Beautiful card!

Unknown said...

Great start I always look forward to your creations

LeslieRahye said...

Very Pretty card! LOVE it! :) Hey! I have that sentiment!!! :)

Laura said...

i love it.. I am so scraplifting this one!!!!!
hugs..Laura

Cheryl LIndsay said...

Very nice, great piece to start our new year.

Michelle F. said...

Super start to the new year ! TFS !!

Becky Conley said...

GORGEOUS! love the trees :o)

AJsArts said...

Great card - I love the sentiment :)

Susan M. Brown {sbartist} said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for hosting festive Friday and allowing me ago join in the fun ; )

rosenrobrt said...

Love the Trees - awesome card!

Chris said...

great card!!

www.cricutcraftyclare.blogspot.com said...

I just got a shipping notice to VLVS and now I see this great sentiment! Thanks for adding to the wish list!

maria soto said...

love the card

Unknown said...

I like the painting, so serene! Thank you for hostin another year of Festive Fridays, looking forward to all the great cards!

Sandra Strait said...

What a fantastic card!

Lyneen said...

Love the mica color... wonderful card...

LeslieRahye said...

I can comment here!