Pages

Friday, July 27, 2012

Sakura Blog Hop





It's a blog hop...  and we have blog candy just for you.  Hope you started at Sakura Blog if NOT here is the link CLICK HERE
Remember to vote for your favorite project.  Hope it mine..

I started my project with a old doll i got at a thrift store of $1 - it was not pretty.  LOL.  but it did have porcelain hands, feet and face.   So I knew I could work with it.

cover the doll with Foil and then Creative Paperclay® 
let dry.....
Add a layer of paint.  let dry....
Now the fun starts.  I added first layer of  Terri Sproul Mixers "Interference Green"  then a layer of "interference Blue" and then a final layer of "Shimmer Purple" .  Set that aside to dry.

Then I add a layer of Due Embellish Adhersive from UsARtQuest and let that set up and add Gold Leaf from Stewart Superior.  only in little sections.  Love the way this looks.
Once that all dried I add a layer of Sakura Crystal lacquer and Terri Sproul "Ultra Fine Glitter".




I really love the way she came out.  Hope you pick mine to win!  Thanks remember to go back to the Sakura blog and vote so you are enter to win! 
Here is the link for the rest of the hop 

14 comments:

Lyneen said...

She turned out beautiful... I love the texture of the leaves as scales... the colors are fantastic!

Winslowwoman said...

She is just super cool!!

Tanya said...

Wow, really interesting!

LeeB said...

Pretty freakin creative work here Terri, I see why you love this, she is delightful, the blues are brilliant!

Susan M. Brown {sbartist} said...

Nice to see this progress along the way. Came out lovely!

Debbie Buckland said...

Wonderfully done. Love the colours you used. Looks so mmuch like NZ Paula shell.

Alljazzed2create said...

Wow, what a great item you have created for just a buck. Those are my kind of crafty deals.

silvia said...

Your doll is AMAZING!!

www.cricutcraftyclare.blogspot.com said...

I wish I could see this in person, it's fabulous!

Unknown said...

Wow, she's amazing those colors are fabulous

AJsArts said...

Love the colors that you used :)

Barbara Rankin said...

I watched in awe as you progressed through this doll, and I've got to say, she turned out beautifully, Terri.

Linda K said...

super cool mermaid.

Unknown said...

I think she's pretty cool! Love the colors.